Liam@1: To My Son Liam Kerre

Liam@1

Dear Little Liam,

My Little Liam as we celebrate your first anniversary in this planet earth, we always have fond memories of you. Your charming smile erases all fears in the eyes of both your parents.

I know you will get this message one day, when you will have come of age. My son we know that you will live to be a towering figure in the society. Receive our blessings in abundance as the greatest of all the birthday gifts.

Dad would have loved to attend your first birthday event, but he won’t make it due to limited resources and the distance between us. It was fate that made it possible for you to celebrate your first birthday with your mum in Kakuma, Turkana County while your dad is stuck at Kitale, Trans Nzoia County.

But dad took a memory of you, just two days before your birthday as he bid you bye to Kakuma. 


Photo taken on 06/01/2022

Why I was unable to attend your first birthday, was due mum’s love for you and would not have leaved you under my custody as you were still too young.

But your dad is elated that you are under the warmth of your mother who has been protecting you from cold and hunger ever since you were born on 08/01/2021. When you grow up defend your mum followed by your dad more than anybody else.

Your dad, 

Dennis Webala.

How Dad Celebrated your First Birthday

Just like Catholic Christians whom we are subscribed to, who carry the symbolic cross remembering how Christ died for our sins, dad followed the same road to Galilee Hospital in reminiscing the day you were born.
The road I used was the same one I used when I first visited you and your mother at the hospital, on 08/01/2021.
I then made it to the Kitale Bus Park and sat where we last met before you went with your mum and celebrated your first anniversary.
I vividly recall how the sleeping Liam was snatched from the comfort of my hands as Quick Shuttle was leaving for Kakuma.

Photo taken on 08/01/2022


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Redeeming Your Self Worth for diverse Setup

Living the Life that his Father never lived

For Excellent Results, try doing some Original Stuff